[Openstack-operators] [cinder] Driver Filters and Goodness Weighers... Who plans to use this?

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Wed Feb 11 20:54:48 UTC 2015

Marc Heckmann wrote:
> I can definitely relate to the problem that it's trying to solve. We
> have a backend that has both thin-provisioning and compression. Right
> now, we have no easy way to filter which storage node that a volume
> should be created on if compression and thin provisioning is to be
> taken into account. That being said, I'm not sure about the
> implementation as such. I could see how it needs to remain flexible to
> accommodate a bunch of different types of drivers. I suppose that it's
> a start. -m
I agree with the substance of Marc's remarks. There is clearly value for
being able to discriminate between various storage backends
transparently (from the user's perspective at least). That being said, I
am not in a position to judge the quality of the code or cleanliness of
integration.

Regards,

Richard Raseley

SysOps Engineer