[Openstack-operators] Neutron db syncs

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Wed Feb 11 19:10:46 UTC 2015

Does anyone know why under Juno (and I assume above) - you need to install *ALL* of the plugins in order to do a db_sync?  This seems broken considering that we pass the config file in as a command line parameter.  The db_sync code should know what plugins we are running and only apply things that matter for that plugin.

To do the icehouse -> juno upgrade we are basically installing all the neutron plugins on a single node, doing the db sync, then removing all the unnecessary plugins again.

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy, LLC.