[Openstack-operators] [cinder] Driver Filters and Goodness Weighers... Who plans to use this?

Marc Heckmann marc.heckmann at ubisoft.com
Wed Feb 11 19:17:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 12:39 +0100, Christian Berendt wrote:
> On 02/11/2015 07:54 AM, Mike Perez wrote:
> > Proposed Documentation:
> > http://thing.ee/x/doc-20150210/content/driver_filter_weighing.html
>
> Thank you for bringing this to the attention of this list. There is a
> pending review for this documentation available at
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/152325/.
>
> Christian.

I can definitely relate to the problem that it's trying to solve. We
have a backend that has both thin-provisioning and compression. Right
now, we have no easy way to filter which storage node that a volume
should be created on if compression and thin provisioning is to be taken
into account.

That being said, I'm not sure about the implementation as such. I could
see how it needs to remain flexible to accommodate a bunch of different
types of drivers.

I suppose that it's a start.

-m