[Openstack-operators] how to get API key?

Deepak Garg deepakgarg.iitg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:26:23 UTC 2012

HI Kenneth,

What you saw on doing a $ nova-manage project list    is not an error,
its debugging
information. To turn this off, set the verbose flag in /etc/nova/nova.conf file.

Now, no projects are defined by default in a devstack install nor is
it advised to work with
projects. Its better to create 'tenants' in keystone which are
equivalent to nova projects or swift accounts.
To verify this, you can check the table in nova db in mysql.

Now what do you really mean by api key, do you need your user or tenant token ?

Cheers,
Deepak