[OpenStack-Infra] is basic auth broken on our gerrit: review.opendev.org?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Sep 1 11:28:37 UTC 2019

On 2019-09-01 11:50:18 +0100 (+0100), Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
> I was trying to query gerrit using pygerrit2, requests and later
> curl just to find out that apparently our gerrit does not work
> with basic-auth.
[...]
> Am I doing something wrong or if not, can we have this fixed?
[...]

https://review.opendev.org/Documentation/rest-api.html#authentication

    By default Gerrit uses HTTP digest authentication with the HTTP
    password from the user’s account settings page. HTTP basic
    authentication is used if auth.gitBasicAuth is set to true in
    the Gerrit configuration.

It seems like turning that on is probably a reasonable choice if the
default prevents pygerrit2 from working. This would, however, need a
Gerrit restart to update.