[OpenStack-Infra] is basic auth broken on our gerrit: review.opendev.org?

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Mon Sep 2 15:58:48 UTC 2019

it would be really nice if we could enable HTTPBasicAuth because at this moment talking with multiple gerrit servers seems to be a real challenge.

For example:
* review.rdoprpject.org server works only with BasicAuth and also requires custom url suffix "/r".
* review.opendev.org works only with Digest auth

Considering that from 2.14 only BasicAuth will be supported, it makes sense to make the move now.

PS. I stopped using pygerrit2 and I am using requests directly, as I did not find many benefits in pygerrit so far.