[OpenStack-Infra] Setting http password for 3rd party CI accounts

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Sat Aug 9 04:05:03 UTC 2014

On 08/08/2014 11:57 AM, Ryan Hsu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know if it’s possible to set up an http password for a 3rd party CI account? We are looking to use some of the Gerrit REST API operations that require authentication but according to this page [1], our account needs to have a Gerrit http password set up. As far as I know, our CI account was only given access to Gerrit via ssh keys meaning we would have to use the command line API.
>
> -Ryan
>
> [1] http://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/rest-api.html#authentication

Hi Ryan:

Third Party CI accounts don't have access to the gui, only access via ssh.

I have not looked into setting an http password via ssh, but that would
be the only possibility for third party ci accounts as far as I know.

In short, I don't know if this is possible. I will add it to my list of
things to look at or to let you know about if I happen to fall over this
information. In the meantime if someone else reading this email has
become aware of the answer, do speak up.

Thanks Ryan,
Anita.