[OpenStack-Infra] Week-end project

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Dec 12 23:48:42 UTC 2013

On 12/12/2013 05:43 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> One benefit of coming up with our own format is that we can seriously
> limit the options (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly with or without rotating
> time), which I think cover all our current cases... while remaining
> user-friendly enough.

There's gotta be a way to solve the problem with tools already proven.
Like Sean said, dealing with calendars is absolutely a nightmare.
There's gotta be a way to share access to a calendar server among
different people and still keep control of who is allowed to change the
meeting.

Wouldn't something like owncloud (or radicale.org) be enough, so we can
ditch Google cal too? Simply have the PTLs, you, I and some others
allowed to edit the calendar so we can have each event with alarms (no
more reminders to the mlist) and notes attached to it automatically. Am
I getting too excited?

/stef