[OpenStack-Infra] Polling system

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Fri Aug 2 07:10:39 UTC 2013

On 2013/01/08 19:27, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2013-08-01 17:25:08 +0200 (+0200), Jaromir Coufal wrote:
>> I would like to start voting across UX group members about future
>> discussion tool. For voting itself I can use some 3rd party tools
>> or just mailing list, but I'd like to ask you, if you can suggest
>> me the best way, since I am sure you already did some name voting
>> or similar things for OpenStack.
> [...]
>
> If you want to start holding weekly meetings in IRC like normal
> OpenStack project teams do, meetbot has the ability to conduct
> on-the-spot votes in channel and include the results in your meeting
> minutes. For a lot of simpler discussions where developers need an
> officially recorded consensus, this is a very popular option.

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for this suggestion. It is really nice smooth way, if we had
setup weekly minutes already. As long as the group contains lot of
creative people and it is alive only for short time, it would be very
hard to get much attention on IRC. We might get there in time, but for
now I need some quick solution, when I paste link to the group and let
people vote there for few days.

Cheers
-- Jarda