[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-docs] Summary of how I18n affects with doc-migration

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 16:24:19 UTC 2017

Hello,

Doug Hellmann wrote on 8/2/2017 12:43 AM:
> [resending to the lists]
>
>> On Aug 1, 2017, at 10:55 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com
>> <mailto:doug at doughellmann.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Excerpts from Andreas Jaeger's message of 2017-08-01 08:57:09 +0200:

>>> Currently not, it needs publishing to docs-draft and a way to access the
>>> multiple documents. Note this needs handling for both openstack-manuals
>>> and project repos like neutron (networking-guide).
>>
>> Could we make it work that way? I understand why we need a separate
>> review step for the translations, but not why we need a separate
>> copy of the docs published outside of the context of a job in order
>> to perform that review. (This is probably just me not understanding
>> how a tool works.)

It would be much nice if the job also supports the publication for
translated documents,
assuming that the translated document build work should not interfere
with the main documentation build steps.

But for general perspective, if the target of translation is not all of
documents in openstack-manuals,
we might need to analyze whether inclusion of translated document build
jobs is better or not.