[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-docs] Summary of how I18n affects with doc-migration

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Aug 1 17:10:18 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-01 18:24,  Ian Y. Choi  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Doug Hellmann wrote on 8/2/2017 12:43 AM:
>> [resending to the lists]
>>
>>> On Aug 1, 2017, at 10:55 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com
>>> <mailto:doug at doughellmann.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Excerpts from Andreas Jaeger's message of 2017-08-01 08:57:09 +0200:

>>> Could we make it work that way? I understand why we need a separate
>>> review step for the translations, but not why we need a separate
>>> copy of the docs published outside of the context of a job in order
>>> to perform that review. (This is probably just me not understanding
>>> how a tool works.)

We publish as usual - the only difference is the addition of the link.

Since we import translations without review, we want to give teams a
chance to review a complete book before we link to it the first time.
And thus, we built it and publish at the final URL - and only link from
it from our drafts page.

This is not done outside of a job. It's just that we didn't want to wait
for each language team to review a manual, then make changes in
translate.openstack.org, wait for next import, then another team
blocking import etc - and thus never merging anything...

> It would be much nice if the job also supports the publication for
> translated documents,
> assuming that the translated document build work should not interfere
> with the main documentation build steps.
>
> But for general perspective, if the target of translation is not all of
> documents in openstack-manuals,
> we might need to analyze whether inclusion of translated document build
> jobs is better or not.

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)