[Openstack-i18n] django_openstack_auth translation setup?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sun Apr 27 17:41:10 UTC 2014

Sorry for coming back quite late to this.

On 03/21/2014 07:45 PM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Hi Daisy,
>
> upstream_translation_update.sh and propose_translation_update.sh
> are general and IMO if we have special cases it is better to deal with it
> by a separate script, in this case horizon_*.sh.
> What do you think?

We can either create a completely new script for it - or reuse the
general ones. The horizon scripts are so special case that reusing them
for django_openstack_auth does not make sense at all.

I'll remove the WIP now and let's see what the infra team says on the
patch and I'll rework it from there - additional review from all of you
is welcomes as well ;)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/82037

> Besides that, django_openstack_auth is a bit special case for translations.
> Strings in django_openstack_auth are visible through Horizon and from UX
> perspective and most translation efforts are done as a part of
> Dashboard translations,
> so it sounds reasonable it is placed under Horizon project.

> I would like to raise the following points to be discussed
> related to django_openstack_auth translations.
>
> - django_openstack_auth is a separate library and it is not controlled under
>   OpenStack release cycle. Thus transifex resources with "havana" or
>   OpenStack release code names looks inappropriate.
>   Transifex resource management should match corresponding project
> release cycle.
>   At least "Havana - OpenStack Dashboard Authentication" on Transifex does not
>   looks reasonable to me.
>
>   I see some translation updates in "Havana - OpenStack Dashboard
> Authentication "
>   and changes are translation fixies. I just want to talk about how to
> handle them:
>   when should I propose a change to the upstream?
>
> - Translation import timing:
>   I am not sure automatic translation import is good or not.
>   Now I18N and Horizon team do not use automatic import to control
> translation quality.
>   In Havana cycle, django_openstack_auth translation is controlled
> with the same policy
>   but if propose_translation_update.sh works translations are imported
> automatically.
>   Is it intended?
>
>   Note that there are very few string changes in django_openstack_auth
>   so this doesn't matter much.

I suggest to give it a try - shall we?

Andreas