[OpenStack-docs] Usage of OmniGraffle

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Jan 9 14:27:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 12:55 AM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Thanks for the response and highlighting some areas where the repository
> layout could be improved.
>
> I think we can start work on improving that layout without creating a
> new repository.
>
> For example, we can:
> * define 'images' as the name of the directory where images within a
> particular guide
> * ensuring source and used images both exist
> * ensuring source and used images are named the same and differ only in
> their file extension
>
> Do they sound like reasonable first steps?

These sound reasonable to me.

Once we get agreement here, I'll update the Documentation/HowTo wiki page
with this guidance. It's not a style guide for images, yet, but for the
file management itself.

There's still a lingering couple of related questions:
Do we as a team require only standard formats (such as svg) for source
files?
Do we as a team need to track down source files for all current images and
convert them to svg?

Anne