[Openstack-docs] Log a Bug link

David Cramer david.cramer at rackspace.com
Sun Sep 22 00:47:19 UTC 2013

Hi there,
I've played a bit with the log a bug link stuff. The following mock up
works UNLESS I also add in the git url to field.comment:

https://gist.github.com/dwcramer/6624719

If you load that gist into a browser and click the link, you are taken:
1. to the login page (if necessary), then
2. to a page with the title filled in which searches for similar bugs,
then when you click next or continue,
3. you are taken to a new page that has the title field filled in and
the bug description field filled in with the build time, git sha, and
doc url.

When I add the git repo url as well to the description as well, the bug
description field ends up empty. I.e. if I append "+ lineFeed +
encodeURI(gitRepo)" to fieldComment, the bug description isn't
automatically filled in (it's empty).

I've tried encodeURIComponent and even manually removing some special
characters from the git url, but haven't isolated what makes it fail. I
can see that colons are a problem, but other thing seem to trip it up as
well, I'm just not sure what yet.

If someone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Otherwise,
I'll mess with it again when I have some time. Once this part is figured
out, the rest should be quite easy.

Regards,
David