[Openstack-docs] Log a Bug link

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Sun Sep 22 01:07:36 UTC 2013

David:

This seems to work just fine for me:

https://gist.github.com/lorin/6655674

When I do this, the bug details contains:

Built 20130918T23 04 24Z05 00
git SHA a997cbc1
at url /Users/lorin/6624719/index.html
git Repo git at github.rackspace.com:IX/cloud-files.git

Here's all I did:

https://gist.github.com/lorin/6655674/revisions

Note that I don't think <!-- --> actually comments out Javascript, so I
zapped that line, although it should be harmless even if left in.

Lorin

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM, David Cramer <david.cramer at rackspace.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
> I've played a bit with the log a bug link stuff. The following mock up
> works UNLESS I also add in the git url to field.comment:
>
> https://gist.github.com/dwcramer/6624719
>
> If you load that gist into a browser and click the link, you are taken:
> 1. to the login page (if necessary), then
> 2. to a page with the title filled in which searches for similar bugs,
> then when you click next or continue,
> 3. you are taken to a new page that has the title field filled in and
> the bug description field filled in with the build time, git sha, and
> doc url.
>
> When I add the git repo url as well to the description as well, the bug
> description field ends up empty. I.e. if I append "+ lineFeed +
> encodeURI(gitRepo)" to fieldComment, the bug description isn't
> automatically filled in (it's empty).
>
> I've tried encodeURIComponent and even manually removing some special
> characters from the git url, but haven't isolated what makes it fail. I
> can see that colons are a problem, but other thing seem to trip it up as
> well, I'm just not sure what yet.
>
> If someone knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Otherwise,
> I'll mess with it again when I have some time. Once this part is figured
> out, the rest should be quite easy.
>
> Regards,
> David

Lorin Hochstein