[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I38e198283332bedc5473246c69feab1ef9693a72

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Sat Sep 21 10:27:07 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/45450

Log:
commit d1102225ee513abd1c2e50cff9bedde0e5103d72
Author: Yassine Lamgarchal <yassine.lamgarchal at enovance.com>
Date:   Fri Sep 20 15:39:29 2013 +0200

    Validate target host by scheduler

    In the current implementation, when we boot a server we can
    provide additional placement information through the scheduler
    hints mechanism. However, when we live migrate a server those
    scheduler hints are not taken into account.

    This patch adds the ability to check if the target host passes
    filters before live migration. To achieve that task those
    hints are persisted as a json blob into the database.

    This additional verification can leave the system locked, for
    instance two hosts which run servers that must be located on
    different hosts can't be migrated. Thus, an option
    'no-check-by-scheduler' has been set up in order to make this
    verification optional.

    DocImpact

    blueprint validate-targethost-live-migration
    Fixes: bug #1198977
    Fixes: bug #1039065

    Change-Id: I38e198283332bedc5473246c69feab1ef9693a72