[Openstack-docs] Doc Translation (again)

Laura Alves laura.adq at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 12:14:26 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Masanori ITOH <masanori.itoh at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Anne,
>
> Thanks for your prompt answer!
>
> From: Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org>
> Subject: Re: [Openstack-docs] Doc Translation (again)
> Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 13:18:12 -0600
>
> > Hi Masanori-san,
> >
> > Unfortunately with the Booktype tool we used for the Operations Guide, we
> > do not have a translation toolchain. But, we do want to bring the content
> > into DocBook so that the Translation process will work with that book.
> What
> > is your timeline?
>
> At the moment, there is no definite deadline because there are no business
> background, and it's a purely volunteer activity.
> But, in this sense, I'm feeling earlier is better because people might lose
> interests on the translation work, maybe somewhere in April after the G
> release?
> Sorry, anyway, we are not in a hurry. :)
>
> BTW, I noticed that the below repository is now a bit outdated
> (because it's Docbook format source repository..).
>

> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/tree/master/doc/src/docbkx/openstack-ops
>
> Is that possible sharing where is the Doctype source of Operations Guide?
>
> > So far I do not have guidance about whether a CLA is required for
> > translators, but I will ask and get back to you.
>
> One more thing, I forgot to add.
>
> Tom, Diane, Anne, Lorin, Jonathan, Everett and Joe,
>
> "Operations Guide" is a really fascinating!
> Great work! :)
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Masanori
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Anne
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Masanori ITOH <masanori.itoh at gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Daisy, Anne,
> > >
> > > In Japanese community, now there is a discussion on translating
> > > the brand new Operations Guide into Japanese.
> > >
> > > According to the following mail thread below, can I understand
> > > that translators should follow the procedures described in the
> translation
> > > wiki page?
> > >
> > >    http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/Translation
> > >
> > > Reading the page, I was not sure if translators are needed to sign
> > > Individual Contributor's License Agreement or not. I'm happy if you
> > > could help us a bit.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Masanori
> > >

> > > From: Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com>
> > > Subject: Re: [Openstack-docs] Doc Translation
> > > Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:56:45 +0800

> > > were

> 01:34:37:

> too.

> that.

Hi Masanori-san!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that Victoria
Martinez de la Cruz, who is a contributor developer interested in software
translation, created the #openstack-translation IRC channel to gather
informally with others also interested in translation.

We're really few right now, and there is no activity going on at the
moment, but the idea is to spread the word about it and use it as the
channel to connect in a near future for all those interested in document
and software translation for Openstack.

Everyone is welcome!
Regards!

Laura