[Openstack-docs] Doc Translation (again)

Masanori ITOH masanori.itoh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 04:22:23 UTC 2013

Hello Anne,

Thanks for your prompt answer!

From: Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-docs] Doc Translation (again)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 13:18:12 -0600

> Hi Masanori-san,
>
> Unfortunately with the Booktype tool we used for the Operations Guide, we
> do not have a translation toolchain. But, we do want to bring the content
> into DocBook so that the Translation process will work with that book. What
> is your timeline?

At the moment, there is no definite deadline because there are no business
background, and it's a purely volunteer activity.
But, in this sense, I'm feeling earlier is better because people might lose
interests on the translation work, maybe somewhere in April after the G release?
Sorry, anyway, we are not in a hurry. :)

BTW, I noticed that the below repository is now a bit outdated
(because it's Docbook format source repository..).

  https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/tree/master/doc/src/docbkx/openstack-ops

Is that possible sharing where is the Doctype source of Operations Guide?

> So far I do not have guidance about whether a CLA is required for
> translators, but I will ask and get back to you.

One more thing, I forgot to add.

Tom, Diane, Anne, Lorin, Jonathan, Everett and Joe,

"Operations Guide" is a really fascinating!
Great work! :)

Thanks in advance,
Masanori