[neutron] Static ip address of subnet dhcp server

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 08:22:27 UTC 2023

Hello Kamil:

I'm not sure what you are asking for, sorry. In ML2/OVN, the DHCP server is
local (in the same compute node where the VM is spawned) and has no IP
address. The local OVS instance will capture the DHCP requests and reply to
them.

If you are asking for a VM port with a static IP address, this is something
you can currently do creating a port and setting the fixed IP address [1].

Can you share the blueprint you are referring to? How do you plan to
migrate VMs to a different cloud?

Regards.

[1]https://paste.opendev.org/show/bl87sEpUnZttIMxN9fyc/