[neutron] Static ip address of subnet dhcp server

Kamil Madac kamil.madac at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:35:58 UTC 2023

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for the response, and sorry for the confusion which can be caused by
my lack of knowledge about how ovn is implemented in openstack. I have seen
following blueprint (not for OVN obviosly):

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/enable-to-set-dhcp-port-attributes

and somehow thought that dhcp has an ip address assigned also in OVN.

When I checked it once more I found out that device_id of the port has
prefix ovnmeta-, which means that it is not dhcp but metadata agent or
proxy:

$ openstack port show -f table -c id -c fixed_ips -c device_id
4f70acdf-59e9-4252-9f0c-c71eb68baa9a
+-----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

+-----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| device_id | ovnmeta-61d55c5b-adeb-440e-a029-796e783fdc02
             |
| fixed_ips | ip_address='172.16.0.1',
subnet_id='4632d9e5-6918-415e-b752-9f828e57404c' |
| id        | 4f70acdf-59e9-4252-9f0c-c71eb68baa9a

Is it possible to set another ip address of this port during creation of
the subnet, or afterwards?

Thanks

--
Kamil Madac <https://kmadac.github.io/>