[ALL] Why we dont have an official forum?

Eduardo Santos eduardo.experimental at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:19:27 UTC 2023

I've not been active in the OpenStack community for some time now but I
wanted to give my two cents about this.

This was one of my biggest issues when first trying to get into and
understand OpenStack. It's an amazing piece of software but it's completely
dead on Server Fault and Stack Overflow. There's like 1 question about it
per month, usually with no answers. Currently, I feel like the only way to
discuss OpenStack is through IRC. But again, I'm not sure that just
creating the "OpenStack Exchange" as a subforum of the Stack Exchange
network would necessarily change this. Maybe it's more of an engagement
issue rather than the actual platform (although I think that IRC should not
be the only place for the community to be, as I perceive it to be today).

Anyway, I really hope that this changes someday and there are as many
OpenStack questions in forums as there are for Ansible. :)