[tc][all] Follow up pain point discussion

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Dec 9 10:00:05 UTC 2021

Hi,

I missed this thread and the discussion, though I've added to the etherpad:

Glance

    FIX NEEDED - Glance doesn't work well over uwsgi, it's the only
service with this state (appart from Swfit). We would need Glance to
fully gate using uwsgi in the CI.

    FIX NEEDED - Glance upload on Ceph is painfully slow. So much that
many operators simply don't use the Ceph backend.

Swift

    FIX NEEDED - Swift continues to use Eventlet. Switching to uwsgi
increases performances dramatically. Switching to uwsgi is possible for
swift-proxy, swift-container and swift-account, but it completely fails
for swift-object. Swift needs to fully switch to uwsgi in the CI, and
repair the swift-proxy to swift-object protocol to follow *real* http
specifictions (at some point, swift-object drifted away from respecting
http protocol, which makes it impossible to run it under uwsgi).

I hope this helps,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)