[tc][all] Follow up pain point discussion

Rico Lin ricolin at ricolky.com
Thu Dec 9 04:42:19 UTC 2021

Dear all

First, thank all who join us in the discussion or help on the etherpad [1]

Here are wrap-ups of our first meeting yesterday:

In the meeting, we have quick work through pain points for a couple of
projects: Cinder, Ironic, Neutron, QA, Horizon.
And put some action or tags(like `FIX NEEDED` or `INFO NEEDED`).
As for Nova, there is already have a good quality of replies and actions,
gmann will help with discussing tags with rest of Nova team.
Horizon team will go through the rest item in team meeting and finish
tagging after.
Also, TC picks the log level topic (check out log level discussion in
[2]) as one of the topics in next TC meeting.
So if you're interested, please check out [1] and kindly provide
your feedback.

We plan to go through with other projects in our next pain point meeting,
which we expect to schedule around mid. of January.
Meanwhile, if teams can help with providing replies and tags will be very
helpful.

As for possible cross-project pain points:
The OSC discussion went very well. The discussion includes OpenStack Client
and OpenStackSDK.
OSC seems to get more works done than the last time it was proposed as a
community goal (back in Train cycle?),
so TC has set up a topic in the next TC meeting to discuss the possibility
to set this as a community goal (for z or after-z cycles).

RabbitMQ was discussed briefly but didn't have any specific suggestions or
actions. So if you have any, please kindly provide your feedback in this ML
or [3].

If you would like to suggest other cross-project pain points, kindly
suggest in ML or [1] and help TCs to identify them.

Finally, we collect pain points and hope to get things fixed/improved, so
if you're interested to help with targeting any of the items in [1], you're
most welcome to reach out to project teams or at least provide your
feedback in [1].

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/pain-point-elimination
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/pain-point-elimination#L261
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/pain-point-elimination#L21

*Rico Lin*
OIF Individual Board of directors, OpenStack TC, Multi-arch SIG chair, Heat
PTL,
Senior Software Engineer at EasyStack