OpenStack cluster event notification

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 07:54:13 UTC 2020

Hi All,

So far, based on my understanding of OpenStack Python SDK, I am able to
read the Hypervisor, Servers instances, however, I do not see an API to
receive and handle the change notification/events for the operations that
happens on the cluster e.g. A new VM is added, an existing VM is deleted
etc.

I see a documentation, which talks about emitting notifications over a
message bus that indicate different events that occur within the service.

Notifications in OpenStack
<https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/admin/notifications.html>

https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/admin/notifications.html

   1. Does Openstack Python SDK support notification APIs?
   2. How do I receive/monitor notifications for VM related changes?
   3. How do I receive/monitor notifications for compute/hypervisor related
   changes?
   4. How do I receive/monitor notifications for Virtual Switch related
   changes?

Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

/anil.