[ptl][goals][python3] please update your team's status in the wiki

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:16:41 UTC 2019

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 08:21:00 -0500, Doug Hellmann
<doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> I noticed this morning that the last time the Python 3 status page [1] was
> updated in the wiki was August. I hope we've had changes to the level
> of support since then.
>
> Keeping that page up to date is part of fulfilling the goal this
> cycle. Please take a few minutes to review the content today and update
> it if necessary.
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Python3#Python_3_Status_of_OpenStack_projects

Sorry for the late response to this, but I have a question.

Looking at the wiki, I see that the previous status updates for nova
were from before we started using mox3 in our unit tests. As of today,
our unit tests pass under python3 because of mox3. Does that mean we are
OK to mark our status as "Yes" for unit test support of python3 on the wiki?

Some notes on mox3: we've worked on removing mox3 from our unit tests
over the past several cycles and today it is only present in a few of
our test files:

$ grep -rIn mox3 nova
nova/tests/unit/cells/test_cells_messaging.py:21:from mox3 import mox
nova/tests/unit/network/test_neutronv2.py:24:from mox3 import mox
nova/tests/unit/network/test_manager.py:20:from mox3 import mox

We advised folks not to spend time removing mox3 from cells v1 and
nova-network unit tests, as cells v1 and nova-network are slated for
removal from the code base, as soon as we're able
(test_cells_messaging.py and test_manager.py). That leaves
test_neutronv2.py as the only remaining file using mox3.

Cheers,
-melanie