[openstack-ansible] Evaluating meeting schedule + method

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Wed Nov 28 09:47:08 UTC 2018

> Yes, a chat system allows you to multitask and do other things, but,

I think the problem IS multitasking.
It can become a really frustrating experience for meeting chair tbh.

We have faced this fluctuating attendance in the past.
I proposed to change meeting time, change of topics, and change of
frequency. All of the above lead to a temporary increase in the meeting
attendance for a week or two, followed by a return to the status quo.

We can replace the status update of last week/focus of the week by a
regular mail to the ML. That could be the equivalent of the WHOA
(What's happening in OpenStack-Ansible, featuring Keanu Reeves' memes)
Major wrote in the past.

Open Discussion is something we achieve generally in our channel
outside meetings.
Having an office hour there could ensure people could come to a certain
time and we'd be there. Attendance would be identitical though, but
it's not really an issue to me.

Only one section remains, bug triage. Bug triage had not only a goal of
triaging bugs, but we also actively engage with people to get
contributions. I am not sure how this can be adapted, as we need people
actively working together at the same time. Maybe organising more
regular bug smashes instead?

Regards,
Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)