[openstack-ansible] Evaluating meeting schedule + method

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 16:59:51 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 November 2018 17:50:12 CET Mohammed Naser wrote:
> Hey everyone:
>
> Over the past few weeks, the OpenStack Ansible meetings have had
> increasingly less attendance.  In addition, the engagement seems to be
> decreased as well.
>
> I think IRC meetings are generally awful and it's really hard to come up
> with a proper engagement, because you get pulled into 60 other things and
> the meeting gets forgotten.  I'd like to suggest a few things:
>
> - Look into a voice-based meeting system which is recorded + notes: This
> will help with engagement and discussion, we'll actually be able to get
> things done.
> - Change meeting topics: perhaps people don't care about what we discuss?
> - Change meetings to once every 2 weeks or month (or even cancel them).

Did you try to check what are the people the attended before and are not
attending anymore?

In the last weeks there was also the summit and few vacations in the Europe
and in the US.

Yes, a chat system allows you to multitask and do other things, but,
personally speaking, when I hear about a voice-based meeting, I think I would
not join at all (while I can quickly skim through the chat logs meeting).

--
Luigi