[openstack-dev] [ci][infra][tripleo] Multi-staged check pipelines for Zuul v3 proposal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 15 12:30:44 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-15 14:07:56 +0200 (+0200), Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
[...]
> How pipelines may help solve it?
> Pipelines only alleviate, not solve the problem of waiting. We only want to
> build pipelines for the main zuul check process, omitting gating and RDO CI
> (for now).
>
> Where are two cases to consider:
> - A patch succeeds all checks
> - A patch fails a check with dependencies
>
> The latter cases benefit us the most, when pipelines are designed like it is
> proposed here. So that any jobs expected to fail, when a dependency fails,
> will be omitted from execution.
[...]

Your choice of terminology is making it hard to follow this
proposal. You seem to mean something other than
https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/user/config.html#pipeline when you use
the term "pipeline" (which gets confusing very quickly for anyone
familiar with Zuul configuration concepts).
--
Jeremy Stanley