[openstack-dev] [TripleO] container-to-container-upgrades CI job and tripleo-common versions

John Fulton johfulto at redhat.com
Thu May 3 14:29:04 UTC 2018

We hit a bug [1] in CI job container-to-container-upgrades because a
workflow that was needed only for Pike and Queens was removed [2] as
clean up for the migration to external_deploy_tasks.

As we need to support an n undercloud deploying an n-1 overcloud and
then upgrading it to an n overcloud, the CI job deploys with Queens
THT and master tripleo-common. I take this to be by design as per this
support requirement.

An implication of this is that we need to keep tripleo-common
backwards compatible for the n-1 release and thus we couldn't delete
this workflow until Stein.

An alternative is to require that tripleo-common be of the same
version as tripleo-heat-templates.

Recommendations?

  John

PS: for the sake of getting CI I think we should restore the workflow
for now [3]

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1768116
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/563047
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/565580