[openstack-dev] [TripleO] container-to-container-upgrades CI job and tripleo-common versions

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu May 3 15:06:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 8:29 AM, John Fulton <johfulto at redhat.com> wrote:
> We hit a bug [1] in CI job container-to-container-upgrades because a
> workflow that was needed only for Pike and Queens was removed [2] as
> clean up for the migration to external_deploy_tasks.
>
> As we need to support an n undercloud deploying an n-1 overcloud and
> then upgrading it to an n overcloud, the CI job deploys with Queens
> THT and master tripleo-common. I take this to be by design as per this
> support requirement.

I think we've always had to support this for mixed version installs.
We need to be able to manage n-1 with the latest undercloud bits. So
it does seem that tripleo-common needs to continue to be backwards
compatible for one release.  So let's restore the workflow and get an
upgrade job in place so we can detect these types of breakages.
Alternatively perhaps we need an n-1 deployment on a the latest
undercloud job.

Thanks,
-Alex