[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [heat-templates] Deprecated environment files

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu May 3 13:51:21 UTC 2018

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 6:08 AM, Waleed Musa <waleedm at mellanox.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I'm wondering, what is the plan of having  these environments/*.yaml and
> enviroments/services-baremetal/*.yaml.
>
> It seems that it's deprecated files, Please advice here.

The services-baremetal were to allow for an end user to continue to
use the service on baremetal during the deprecation process.
Additionally it's when we switched over to containers by default. For
new services, I would recommend not creating the
services-baremetal/*.yaml file.  If you have to update an existing
service, please also update the baremetal equivalent at least for this
cycle. We can probably start removing services-baremetal/* in Stein.

Thanks,
-Alex