[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news
cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Jul 5 17:05:39 UTC 2018
Greetings OpenStack community,
At today's meeting we discussed an issue that came up on a nova/placement review  wherein there was some indecision about whether a response code of 400 or 404 is more appropriate when a path segement expects a UUID, the request doesn't supply something that is actually a UUID, and the method being used on the URI may be creating a resource. We agreed with the earlier discussion that a 400 was approrpiate in this narrow case. Other cases may be different.
With that warm up exercise out of the way, we moved on to discussing pending guidelines, freezing one of them  and declaring that another  required a followup to clarify the format of strings codes used in error responses.
After that, we did some group learning about StoryBoard . This is becoming something of a regular activity.
As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:
* The list of bugs  indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines  always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch  to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others .
# Newly Published Guidelines
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
* Expand error code document to expect clarity
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Add links to errors-example.json
* Update parameter names in microversion sdk spec
* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page  and guidelines .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
Chris Dent ٩◔̯◔۶ https://anticdent.org/
freenode: cdent tw: @anticdent
More information about the OpenStack-dev