[openstack-dev] [qa][tc][all] Tempest to reject trademark tests (was: more tempest plugins)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 31 15:45:52 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-31 15:22:59 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-05-31 09:43:11 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> > it's news to me that they're considering reversing course. If the
> > QA team isn't going to continue, we'll need to figure out what
> > that means and potentially find another group to do it.
>
> I wasn't there for the discussion, but it sounds likely to be a
> mischaracterization. I'm going to assume it's not true (or much more
> nuanced) at least until someone responds on behalf of the QA team.
> This particular subthread is only going to go further into the weeds
> until it is grounded in some authoritative details.

Apologies for replying to myself, but per discussion[*] with Chris
in #openstack-dev I'm adjusting the subject header to make it more
clear which particular line of speculation I consider weedy.

Also in that brief discussion, Graham made it slightly clearer that
he was talking about pushback on the tempest repo getting tests for
new trademark programs beyond "OpenStack Powered Platform,"
"OpenStack Powered Compute" and "OpenStack Powered Object Storage."

[*] <URL: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-dev/%23openstack-dev.2017-05-31.log.html#t2017-05-31T15:28:07 >
--
Jeremy Stanley