[openstack-dev] [all] Some information about the Forum at the Summit in Boston

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 7 12:35:31 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I recently got more information about the space dedicated to the "Forum"
at the OpenStack Summit in Boston. We'll have three different types of
spaces available.

1/ "Forum" proper

There will be 3 medium-sized fishbowl rooms for cross-community
discussions. Topics for the discussions in that space will be selected
and scheduled by a committee formed of TC and UC members, facilitated by
Foundation staff members. In case you missed it, the brainstorming for
topics started last week, announced by Emilien in that email:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/113115.html

2/ "On-boarding" rooms

We'll have two rooms set up in classroom style, dedicated to project
teams and workgroups who want to on-board new team members. Those can
for example be booked by project teams to run an introduction to their
codebase to prospective new contributors, in the hope that they will
join their team in the future. Those are not meant to do traditional
user-facing "project intro" talks -- there is space in the conference
for that. They are meant to provide the next logical step in
contributing after Upstream University and being involved on the
sidelines. It covers the missing link for prospective contributors
between attending Summit and coming to the PTG. Kendall Nelson and Mike
Perez will soon announce the details for this, including how projects
can sign up.

3/ Free hacking/meetup space

We'll have four or five rooms populated with roundtables for ad-hoc
discussions and hacking. We don't have specific plans for these -- we
could set up something like the PTG ethercalc for teams to book the
space, or keep it open. Maybe half/half.

More details on all this as they come up.
Hoping to see you there !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)