[openstack-dev] [cinder] moving driver to open source

Avishay Traeger avishay at stratoscale.com
Thu Sep 8 07:54:04 UTC 2016

There are a number of drivers that require closed-source tools to
communicate with the storage.  3 others that I've come across recently:

   - EMC VNX: requires Navisphere CLI v7.32 or higher
   - Hitachi storage volume driver: requires RAID Manager Ver 01-32-03/01
   or later for VSP G1000/VSP/HUS VM, Hitachi Storage Navigator Modular 2
   (HSNM2) Ver 27.50 or later for HUS 100 Family
   - Infortrend driver: requires raidcmd ESDS10

Many appliances support REST, SSH, or something similar, but some still use
proprietary protocols/tools available only as binaries to customers.

Thanks,
Avishay

*Avishay Traeger, PhD*
*System Architect*