[openstack-dev] Wiki

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue May 10 20:49:14 UTC 2016

On 11 May 2016 at 08:27, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> Anyway, to the original point, yes Launchpad is full of compromised
> or perhaps freshly created accounts under the control of spammers.

Ubuntu SSO is **not** Launchpad. Launchpad is just another consumer of
Ubuntu SSO, and it has the 'feature' of forwarding through to Ubuntu
SSO - so we're actually seeing Ubuntu SSO spam accounts :(.

Why does this matter? If folk want to solve this at source - make
making new accounts harder - you need to look at the correct code
base, which is https://launchpad.net/canonical-identity-provider

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>