[openstack-dev] Wiki

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 10 20:27:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-10 20:17:43 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> Last I heard, wiki.ubuntu.com has been made read-only for general
> users because they're having too hard a time keeping spam under
> control (they obviously also use
> login.launchpad.net/login.ubuntu.com). I'm trying to create an
> account there right now to confirm whether this is still the case,
> and the post-OpenID page which should in theory be creating my
> account is timing out in my browser with a 500 ISR after several
> minutes).

Just to follow up, after a few tries I finally got one to go
through. It looks like editing existing pages may still work (I
haven't tried to save an edit) though creating new pages seems to be
a forbidden action at the moment.

Anyway, to the original point, yes Launchpad is full of compromised
or perhaps freshly created accounts under the control of spammers.
--
Jeremy Stanley