[openstack-dev] Wiki

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 10 21:26:05 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-11 08:49:14 +1200 (+1200), Robert Collins wrote:
[...]
> Ubuntu SSO is **not** Launchpad. Launchpad is just another consumer of
> Ubuntu SSO, and it has the 'feature' of forwarding through to Ubuntu
> SSO - so we're actually seeing Ubuntu SSO spam accounts :(.
[...]

Thanks for the correction, you're right that's actually what I
meant (I should be more careful not to accidentally conflate the two
with vague terminology).

In fact I went so far as trying to track them back to Launchpad
profiles via the LP API's OpenID reverse lookup method and confirmed
they don't have any, so they're using login.launchpad.net to create
accounts to spam various places (our wiki, the Ubuntu wiki,
and presumably lots of others too). I think that means, at least in
most cases, they're probably not actually preexisting compromised
accounts and just new accounts created solely for the purpose of
spamming places relying on the Ubuntu SSO for authentication.
--
Jeremy Stanley