[openstack-dev] [tc] [heat] [murano] [app-catalog] OpenStack Apps Community, several suggestions how to improve collaboration

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 2 12:41:14 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-02 11:08:14 +0300 (+0300), Sergey Kraynev wrote:
[...]
> I am happy to hear, that you don't mind about it. We suppose, that
> the number of such repositories should not be more then 10.
> Probably the number will be about 5-10 repos. I suppose, that it's
> extremely big number.
[...]

Yes, 10 is not a lot. That won't even get you into the top-ten list
of (official, TC-recognized) teams with the most Git repositories:

141: Infrastructure
40: OpenStackAnsible
39: oslo
39: Puppet OpenStack
27: horizon
25: Packaging-deb
23: fuel
21: neutron
20: tripleo
19: Chef OpenStack

(parsed from the current state of reference/projects.yaml in the
openstack/governance repo)

> Jeremy, it's some kind of repetition previous words, like: "if we will
> decide to move some apps to separate repositories - we will ask infra team
> to confirm, that it's ok." So if you agree with this whole idea (sometimes
> create new repos for some applications with number mentioned earlier (no
> more then 10 per year)), current question may be ignored.

Okay, thanks--I couldn't tell whether there was something else you
were needing help with.
--
Jeremy Stanley