[openstack-dev] [vitrage] multi-tenancy in Vitrage

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Thu Jun 2 08:47:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

During the discussion about accepting vitrage into the big tent[1], there was a concern raised by a few people regarding whether Vitrage is suitable for a public cloud. They were bothered that allowing each user to see the entire cloud topology is not suitable in such environments.

It is true that currently Vitrage does not support such a tenant-centric view. However, it is in our Newton roadmap to solve it. We are currently in the process of working on multi-tenancy support design.

The basic idea we are currently considering is that the APIs for admin and tenants will be the same: topology show, alarms list, etc. However, the output of each API method call will depend on the caller. Admin will get all the data, while specific users/accounts will get only resources and alarms that are related to their tenant resources, and those directly impacting them.

Hope this clarifies the issue,
Ifat.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/320296