[openstack-dev] [nova] config options: IRC meeting at Jan. 11th

Esra Celik celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr
Wed Jan 13 12:29:12 UTC 2016

----- Orijinal Mesaj -----

> Kimden: "Markus Zoeller" <mzoeller at de.ibm.com>
> Kime: "OpenStack Development Mailing List"
> <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> Gönderilenler: 13 Ocak Çarşamba 2016 10:36:56
> Konu: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] config options: IRC meeting at Jan. 11th

> Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr> wrote on 01/12/2016 12:55:25 PM:

> > From: Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr>
> > <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>, Markus Zoeller/Germany/IBM at IBMDE
> > Date: 01/12/2016 12:55 PM
> > Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] config options: IRC meeting at Jan.
> 11th

> > > I think we have the technical and organizational issues solved now
> > > and we should focus on enhancing the help texts of the config options
> > > you have moved in other patches to give the core reviewers a single
> > > bucket of a finished piece of work to review.

> > We will wait for the moved config options to be merged to prepare
> > another patchset with improved help texts, right?
> > I could actually commit a patch with improved help texts that depends
> > on the first patch..

> The latter approach is the one I mean. By this approach a reviewer
> can check that the move is OK (which is simple to review) and then
> review the enhanced help texts (a bit more complex to review) in
> a row.
OK, done for configdrive options [1] [2]. I am working on others now (hyperv and cells options)
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254092/ : moves configdrive options to nova/conf
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/266875/ : improves the help text for configdrive options

> > > I do also realize now that I didn't make you aware of the possibility
> > > to prevent a re-introduction of options in the modules you already
> > > cleaned [1]. I think that could be useful.
> > > https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/
> > > 928813ca2b23690b4468830dd70a6cc6048181fa/nova/hacking/checks.py#L567

> > I am not sure if I understood this correctly. Do you mean we should
> > check if any changes to the options occurred since we moved them to
> > nove/conf directory?

> No, that's not what I meant. You can enhance the hacking check in your
> "move-config-option" patch to keep that area clean for the future.
> Like I did with the database options in [1]. This gives a hint to other
> contributors, who want to introduce new config options, that they
> should be declared in "nova/conf/".

> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263804/2/nova/hacking/checks.py

OK, got it. I modified nova/hacking/checks.py for my patches.

Thanks a lot