[openstack-dev] [nova] config options: IRC meeting at Jan. 11th

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Wed Jan 13 15:38:21 UTC 2016

Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr> wrote on 01/13/2016 01:29:12 PM:

> From: Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr>
> Date: 01/13/2016 01:30 PM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] config options: IRC meeting at Jan.
11th

> > > I do also realize now that I didn't make you aware of the
possibility
> > > to prevent a re-introduction of options in the modules you already
> > > cleaned [1]. I think that could be useful.
> > > https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/
> > > 928813ca2b23690b4468830dd70a6cc6048181fa/nova/hacking/checks.py#L567
>
> > I am not sure if I understood this correctly. Do you mean we should
> > check if any changes to the options occurred since we moved them to
> > nove/conf directory?
>
> No, that's not what I meant. You can enhance the hacking check in your
> "move-config-option" patch to keep that area clean for the future.
> Like I did with the database options in [1]. This gives a hint to other
> contributors, who want to introduce new config options, that they
> should be declared in "nova/conf/".
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263804/2/nova/hacking/checks.py
> OK, got it. I modified nova/hacking/checks.py for my patches.
>
> Thanks a lot

I think I made a mistake to suggest to you to use the "checks.py" module.
Git will again have issues to merge this (e.g. [1]) when another change
also adds a line there. That's the same mistake I made with the
"__init__.py" module. I'm really sorry for that. I think it's best when
you remove it (if you introduced it in your patches) and I introduce
these lines when things get merged. It's not crucial to have it in your
patch, it was supposed to be a helper.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254092/9/nova/hacking/checks.py

Slightly ashamed, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)