[openstack-dev] How do I calculate the semantic version prior to a release?

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Sun Feb 28 10:30:18 UTC 2016

Many thanks to everyone who has replied in this thread.

In case you have further comment, I'll explain what prompted my question.  ‎In the networking-calico project, which is release:independent, we keep the Debian and RPM packaging together with the non-packaging code. When the time comes for a release, we'd like to update the Debian and RPM versions and changelogs first (and merge that) and then ask for the project to be tagged and released to PyPI. We'd like the Debian and RPM versions to match the tag and PyPI version - and so my original question in this thread was really 'how can we predict what the next tag and PyPI version will be?'

I hope that makes sense; thanks again for all the follow ups so far.

Regards,
       Neil