[openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] Video Meetings - input requested

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Dec 12 20:34:32 UTC 2016

On Dec 12, 2016, at 11:16 AM, Jeffrey Zhang <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some contributors in kolla have had unscheduled video meetings. This has
> resulted in complaints about inclusiveness. Some contributors can’t even make
> the meeting we have, and another scheduled video meeting might produce a
> situation in which there is no any record of decisions made during the video
> meeting. At least with IRC meetings there is always a log.

Occasionally a quick Google hangout is necessary in Nova in order to quickly settle an outstanding issue so we can continue to make progress. When that happens, the link is posted in the #openstack-nova channel, and anyone who is interested can join. So while it’s not logged like an IRC meeting, it’s no excluding anyone, and we can quickly remove roadblocks that are harder to do in IRC.

-- Ed Leafe