[openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] Video Meetings - input requested

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 03:09:39 UTC 2016

I think video meetings Jeffrey is referring to are just that- quickly as
hoc way to resolve some technical dispute or implementation. We did that
few times to quickly work out kolla k8s issues. Hangouts are much more
efficient way of discussions like that.

My take on the issue is that we should use all tools available. Scheduling
of such meetings would defeat their purpose of resolving things *quickly*.
If something requires scheduling it should be done on our weekly meeting.

Video meetings are thing in Kolla k8s for one more reason- we want to move
fast and scheduling meeting with proper heads up for every technical
dispute (couple of these every week) would seriously impede our ability to
deliver. Ocata is our goal!

Tldr; ad hoc video meetings are good for quickly paced dev like in Kolla
k8s imho

Cheers
Michał

On Dec 12, 2016 12:36 PM, "Ed Leafe" <ed at leafe.com> wrote:

On Dec 12, 2016, at 11:16 AM, Jeffrey Zhang <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some contributors in kolla have had unscheduled video meetings. This has
> resulted in complaints about inclusiveness. Some contributors can’t even
make
> the meeting we have, and another scheduled video meeting might produce a
> situation in which there is no any record of decisions made during the
video
> meeting. At least with IRC meetings there is always a log.

Occasionally a quick Google hangout is necessary in Nova in order to
quickly settle an outstanding issue so we can continue to make progress.
When that happens, the link is posted in the #openstack-nova channel, and
anyone who is interested can join. So while it’s not logged like an IRC
meeting, it’s no excluding anyone, and we can quickly remove roadblocks
that are harder to do in IRC.

-- Ed Leafe