[openstack-dev] [all] Creating a new IRC meeting room ?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Dec 2 12:51:44 UTC 2016

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Do we have any real data on just how many contributors really do
> lurk in the meeting rooms permanently, as opposed to merely joining
> rooms at start of the meeting & leaving immediately thereafter ?

There are currently 488 permanent residents on #openstack-meeting, 270
on #openstack-meeting-4 (while no meeting is going on). So I'd say that
most people stay around permanently.

> Likewise any data on how many contributors are actively participate
> in meetings across different projects, vs silod just in their own
> one project ?

That is harder to get numbers on.

> If the latter is in the clear majority, then you might as well just
> have #openstack-meeting-$PROJECT and thus mostly avoid the problem
> of conflicting demands for a limited set of channels.

Since there are between 300 and 500 people who find it interesting to
lurk in meeting channels, I'm pretty sure that would be a bad choice...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)