[openstack-dev] [all] Creating a new IRC meeting room ?

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Fri Dec 2 14:38:08 UTC 2016

Thierry, when we were adding the #openstack-swg group, we had this
conversation and I observed that my own preference would be for a project's
meetings to be in that projects room. It makes it easier to then search for
logs for something (say SWG related) in the SWG room, and I do this
regularly for Trove but I have to store text logs of the trove meetings (in
#openstack-meeting-alt) with the logs of the trove room #openstack-trove.

While I understand the simplicity of just hanging around in four or five
conference rooms and being available for pings I submit to you that if
someone wants to ping you and you are not in that projects room, they know
where to go find you if you are a person who hangs around.

So I submit to you that rather than creating #openstack-meeting-5, let's
outlaw the meeting rooms altogether and allow projects to meet in their own
rooms. And people who are interested in projects can hang out in those rooms
(which people do quite a bit anyway), and others who just hangout in
#openstack or #openstack-dev or #openstack-infra.

-amrith