[openstack-dev] [all] [devstack] Adding example "local.conf" files for testing?

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:06:17 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 13:17:48 -0500, Dean Troyer wrote:
> My only real concern is you've implied a structure that will potentially
> have many combinations of configurations and those will bitrot.  How
> different are x86 and s390 arch in local.conf? (I've never seen an s390
> local.conf!)  I do know there are few, if any, differences between most
> ubuntu and fedora configs, we abstract most of that out in the scripts.
>
> I wonder if the grouping of configs might be better suited along
> usa-case lines?  nova-net vs neutron, single- vs multi-node, etc.

+1. This already exists to some extent in the devstack documentation but
it's a bit scattered [1][2] and I rummage around to find it when I need
it. For multi-node I have also gone to find a recent multi-node tempest
job run to copy some devstack local.conf settings before.

So, I agree it would be helpful to have some use-case based samples in
an easy to navigate place.

-melanie

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/configuration.html#multi-node-setup