[openstack-dev] [all] [devstack] Adding example "local.conf" files for testing?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Apr 15 15:22:34 UTC 2016

> From: Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com>
> Date: 04/14/2016 08:18 PM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [all] [devstack] Adding example
> "local.conf" files for testing?
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Markus Zoeller <mzoeller at de.ibm.com>
wrote:
> Let me know what you think: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/305967/
>
> My only real concern is you've implied a structure that will
> potentially have many combinations of configurations and those will
> bitrot.  How different are x86 and s390 arch in local.conf? (I've
> never seen an s390 local.conf!)  I do know there are few, if any,
> differences between most ubuntu and fedora configs, we abstract most
> of that out in the scripts.
>
> I wonder if the grouping of configs might be better suited along usa-
> case lines?  nova-net vs neutron, single- vs multi-node, etc.
>
> Thanks for getting this started!
> dt
>
> --
>
> Dean Troyer
> dtroyer at gmail.com

The main difference between x86 and s390x (system z) is that s390x
doesn't support nova-network and VNC|RDP|SPICE. Which means s390x
depends on Neutron and the "serial console". The rest should work
like on x86. I guess having an IF-ELSE block in a "local.conf" is
crazy talk?

Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)