[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Horizon] User self registration and management

Enrique Garcia garcianavalon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:26:47 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm working in a European project that uses OpenStack and I am using
horizon and keystone for our users and organization management solution. We
have some requirements similar to yours Adrian: we need to allow users to
sign up themselves (with all the common functionality of email activation,
forgot password) plus support authentication using OAuth2.0.

We are interested in having a standard open-source solution for these
problems, therefore we are really interested in participating in this
discussion to see other solutions for the problem, discuss them and
collaborate in making such a service. I think this kind of requirements are
common to anyone wanting to use OpenStack to build a public cloud system
where there is no admin to create users.

In the meantime, we have developed our open-source system for them using
keystone extensions and django apps which satisfy our requirements. If
there is interest in them I can share and explain in more detail our
approach to both problems, and help build a well-integrated solution for
everyone.

Cheers,
Enrique Garcia Navalon